Sunday, January 4, 2009

Some of the wonderful people I met and had great conversations with...






Sara was the only female representative from Aramco that served as one of our hosts. She did a wonderful job, and I think I speak for all the gals on the trip that she was a nice addition. The three gentlemen in the picture include: Ahmad Al-Otaibi, who was in charge of our food for the entire trip (great job!), Moh'd Al-Horaish, and Salim Al-Saffar, who were both very gracious hosts while we were in Riyadh. Yousef Abushaera was a wonderful gentleman that I met at the Intercontinental Hotel. He had great suggestions of activities for us, and always was interested in what we were doing as well. I also enjoyed lunch with Khaled Al-Maeena, the editor of the Arab News, one of the English newspapers published in the Kingdom. Google his newspaper online: very, very, eye-opening. It was very interesting to discuss his point of view on American-Saudi relations. The young lady I am standing with (Kholoud Attar) is a very bright and successful young Saudi woman, as she has started her own magazine in Jeddah called Design.

No comments: