Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In Jeddah





We visited the first women's college in Saudi Arabia today. It was a dream of Queen Effat's and based on her quote, "The uneducated woman is the weakest link of a society." There are some amazing and progressive changes going on in modern Saudi Arabia! Another little known fact: WOMEN GET EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL JOBS. What a concept... We then had lunch at Byblos restaurant, which was another extravagant affair. I met and talked to so many interesting people. I will be updating you on some of these asap. As you can "sea" we ate dinner on the Red Sea. The girl in the photo is someone I also have more to tell you about. She will be coming to America soon for college studies. By the way, a girl can get Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi in any country, even if it's written in Arabic.

1 comment:

Pat Allen said...

Hey, Stacy! I'm all for the Diet Coke, especially since our machine has broken during the week we need it so badly! By the way, I love your smile in all the photos. I am so glad you are experiencing this.
Miss you, Pat